FPMT Basic Program Online
Please review the Introduction to FPMT Basic Program Online course to find everything you need to know if you want to take part in Basic Program Online:
- the curriculum, including standard texts and subject descriptions,
- the prerequisites for successful study of BP Online,
- how to choose the order in which to study the BP Online subjects,
- how BP Online study is supported by discussion, meditation, short retreats and practice,
- an explanation of the certificate option and the BP Online completion requirements
- and an introduction to the FPMT Basic Program subjects by Geshe Jampa Gyatso.
We are pleased to announce that all nine core curriculum subjects of the FPMT Basic Program are now available as BP Online courses: Mind and Cognition in two parts: AWARENESSES AND KNOWERS and MINDS AND MENTAL FACTORS; TENETS; STAGES OF THE PATH; HEART SUTRA; MAHAYANA MIND TRAINING;THE TATHAGATA ESSENCE; ENGAGING IN THE BODHISATTVA DEEDS in two parts; GROUNDS AND PATHS OF SECRET MANTRA and ORNAMENT FOR CLEAR REALIZATION, Chapter 4. A concise course presenting the supplementary BP subject SEVENTY TOPICS is available free of charge.
The suggested amount of time for completing AWARENESSES AND KNOWERS, MINDS AND MENTAL FACTORS and HEART SUTRA is three months each, TENETS takes four and a half months, MAHAYANA MIND TRAINING and BODHISATTVA DEEDS, PART 1 each take four months, and THE TATHAGATA ESSENCE and GROUNDS AND PATHS OF SECRET MANTRA each take five months. BODHISATTVA DEEDS PART 2 is suggested to be completed in ten months. The recommended amount of time to complete the study of ORNAMENT FOR CLEAR REALIZATION, Chapter 4 is 5 months. The updated STAGES OF THE PATH is suggested to take seven and a half months.
A brief description of each of these subjects can be found below by using the info icon next to the course name.
An enrollment key is required to access these courses, which can be obtained in the Foundation Store or which is available as a benefit at certain levels of the Friends of FPMT program.
The supplementary BP subject 70 Topics is offered as a complementary course, free of charge. The enrollment key is 70TOPICS.