Living in the Path
Living in the Path is taught exclusively by Lama Zopa Rinpoche, spiritual director of the FPMT. However, the long-term goal is to also draw from the teachings of Lama Yeshe so as to offer a program that preserves the entire FPMT lineage.
This program is ideal for anyone who wishes to deepen their personal practice and develop the realizations of the path to enlightenment by relying on Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s heart advice and teachings. However, as the teachings often assume familiarity with the lamrim (the stages of the path), participants are recommended to have previously received teachings in this Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
Living in the Path features standalone modules organized within the following topics:
- TAKING THE ESSENCE: Essential advice for making a perfect human life meaningful in every moment (all these modules are offered free of charge)
- The Method to Transform a Suffering Life into Happiness (includes Blessing the Speech and Daily Mantras)
- Bodhichitta Mindfulness
- Taking the Eight Mahayana Precepts
- Making Offerings
- Offering Food and Drink
- PRACTICE INSTRUCTIONS: Why and how to do certain prayers and practices (all these modules are offered free of charge)
- REALIZING THE LAMRIM: Teachings on the lamrim topics and explanations of lamrim texts
- All Topics
- Guru Devotion
- Perfect Human Rebirth
- Nature of Samsara
- Abandon Stretching the Legs (free of charge)
All modules consist of video excerpts and lightly edited transcripts of teachings by Lama Zopa Rinpoche together with many additional resources.
Modules included in "Realizing the Lamrim" and some modules of "Practice Instructions" also provide points for reflection and guidelines for meditations, mindfulness practices, and a service practice, to help students gain a deeper understanding of and insight into the topics. Having completed the requirements for these modules, students qualify to receive a Certificate of Achievement.
Some of the "Realizing the Lamrim" modules require enrollment keys which are available free of charge as a benefit of becoming a Friend of FPMT at the Dharma Supporter level or higher. Alternatively, individual enrollment keys can be purchased in the Foundation Store.
An online forum provides a place to post questions and comments to fellow students and a Living in the Path facilitator.
Centers wishing to implement Living in the Path as a center-based program are asked to contact the Foundation Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
Thank you for your participation in the Online Learning Center.
If you would like to make a donation towards the development of online education, simply fill out the form below.